Technical Assistant II
at Novant Health
Charlotte, NC 28277, USA -
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||28 Apr, 2023||Not Specified||28 Jan, 2023||3 year(s) or above||Preparation,Anatomic Pathology,Ascp,Medical Terminology,Emergency Situations,Microbiology,Ged,It,Phlebotomy||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Novant Health is seeking a Technical Assistant II to perform all specimen processing procedures, monitor all staff for quality, productivity and efficiency and ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
Employee is responsible for performing all laboratory procedures, including quality control, specimen collection, processing, testing and reporting of lab results. Employee will also assist in the evaluation of new or modified techniques when required. They will advise and assist in the orientation and training of other personnel on equipment and software as necessary.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #NHBALMC #BALLANTYNE #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High school diploma or GED, required. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Experience: Three year of relevant phlebotomy and/or specimen processing experience, preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Phlebotomy certification in facilities s where phlebotomy required in role, required. For Phlebotomy: ASCP, ASPT, AMT or NHA, required.
- Additional Skills required:
- Phlebotomy and performing specific tasks in Anatomic Pathology and or Microbiology are requirements of the role at some facilities. The employee may be responsible for assisting in autopsy and preparing sections of body tissue for examination by a pathologist to diagnose body dysfunction and malignancy. This includes preparation of tissue specimens of human origin for diagnostic or teaching purposes; For facilities where Phlebotomy is a requirement of the role, the certification must be obtained within 6 months or hire. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- Knowledge of current medical terminology to perform full range of laboratory tasks. Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and the public. Ability to follow written protocols. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate clearly.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.
Please refer the Job description for details
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Charlotte, NC 28277, USA