Technical Operator (Jnr Millwright)
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||01 Dec, 2020||Not Specified||01 Sep, 2020||1 year(s) or above||Software,Manufacturing Processes,Testing,Safety Regulations,Maintenance Planning,Spare Parts,Performance Reviews,Availability,Manufacturing,Functionality,Materials,Contractors,Components||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Position: Technical Operator
Reports to: Technical Manager
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers automation hardware and software
- Strong knowledge of electromechanical manufacturing processes, mining preferred
- Assisting with accurate bill of materials
- Ensure suppliers compliances to high standard of parts needed
- Get necessary quotes for all spare part of machines or newly designed parts as per drawings
- Get quotes for contractors to assist with manufacturing of specialized parts and to ensure the quality is of a high standard. Maintain and test all equipment / machinery to ensure functionality, safety and availability to complete work within the specified timeframe and budgetary limits.
- Ensure that components causing excessive downtime are identified and permanent solutions are found and implemented
- Perform Condition Based Maintenance on equipment
- Be responsible for the diagnosis, testing and repair of electrical and mechanical failures on
- Interpret electrical and mechanical circuit diagrams
- Inform the superior of any additional defects as well as spare parts and time needed to complete the work
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained through utilising the right tools, Work Instruments and within safety regulations.
- Be responsible for ensuring equipment/machinery is tested for functionality and safety before being returned to production.
- Assemble of parts as per drawings
- Assembling of machines.
- Testing all relevant machine parts before final assembling
- Daily 07:00 Engineering meeting with Technical manager
- Stock take review to ensure right components and quantities are available. Check maintenance/manufacturing stock usages.
- Improve up time, analyse breakdowns using 5 WHY’s.
- Daily Preventative Maintenance planning on all machines.
- Engineering staff Monthly Performance Reviews
- Safety program review (mining)
- Other duties as per reasonable requests
- Electro-mechanical Trade Test (e.g. Millwright) or equivalent
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers’ automation hardware and software
- Grade 12 or technical Matric.
- Valid driver’s license
- Required experience
- 1 + years relevant post trade experience as a Millwright
- Experience in the mining environment would be highly beneficial
- Ability to work in a plant environment for extended periods of time (high temperature/high humidity environment)
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays
Please refer the Job description for details
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Engineering Design / R&D
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa