at Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Anacortes, Washington, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||17 Mar, 2020||Not Specified||18 Dec, 2019||1 year(s) or above||Chemistry||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Location Name: Anacortes, WA
Location Address: 10200 West March Point Rd, Anacortes, WA, United States (US), 98221
Job/Requisition ID: 58483
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver’s License Required: No
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Non-Exempt
Shift: Rotating Shift
The Anacortes, WA Refinery has two openings for a qualified Lab Technician. This position is full-time, salaried non-exempt. See key responsibilities below.
- Preferred a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or science equivalent with a minimum of 20 credit hours in chemistry.
- One year or more of analytical laboratory experience preferred
- Familiarity and knowledge of the testing methods and chemical substance used in a refining lab is ideal
- Prepare standards, calibrate, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair instrumentation.
- Prepare chemical reagents needed to perform routine testing.
- Perform physical and chemical testing on various hydrocarbon samples using a variety of techniques.
- Utilize and understand how to use a basic LIMS system.
- Run proper QC and maintain records per lab protocols.
- Understand and maintain laboratory documentation practices.
- Perform required environmental testing for wastewater permits and generate the necessary reports.
- Perform special projects and testing as assigned by Lead Chemist and/or Laboratory Supervisor.
- Perform daily QC checks on lab instrumentation to ensure quality assurance.
- Be responsible for making hand blends to perform routine or special testing.
- Be responsible for reporting data with accuracy and precision.
ABOUT MARATHON PETROLEUM CORPORATION
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: None
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish
Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare / Medical / R&D
Anacortes, WA, USA