Welder (Engineering Technician III)
at Epsilon Systems Inc
San Diego, California, USA - 92123
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||30 Nov, 2020||Not Specified||31 Aug, 2020||2 year(s) or above||Regulations,Maintenance,Completion,Models,Design Techniques||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Epsilon Systems Partners, Inc. is seeking a full time Welder (Engineering Technician III) in San Diego, CA.
Summary: This position welds metal components together to design specifications or repair products, such as machine parts, shipboard equipment, according to layouts, blueprints or work orders, using SWRMC approved welding and brazing techniques with a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years work related experience
- Minimum 2 years specific experience as a qualified production welder
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DBIDS badge
- Ability to communicate verbally and electronically
- Ability to read schematics, follow detailed instructions and be self-motivated
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed oral and written instructions, schematics or drawings and to conduct activities in a safe manner
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedure appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of Qualify Craftsman 301 for civilians
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Production welder experience while in the Navy or working as a civilian production welder supporting Navy ship repair or new construction
- Completion of a formal course of vocational or Navy welding training and certification
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
- Provides welding support certified in Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG), Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) and Gas Metal Arc Welding Pulse (GMAW-P) using 5356 filler wire.
- Uses hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignites torches or starts power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, heat-bends, grinds or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, carbon arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, submerged arc welding and pipe welding.
- Ensures shop safety and housekeeping are followed
- Ensures all materials and equipment are properly and safely stored, protected, and maintained
- Reports the status and progress of all work to the government supervisor
- Alerts the government supervisor of the causes of work delays
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straight edges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognizes, set ups, and operates hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and secures parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Performs welding methods using a mirror.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Production / Maintenance / Quality
San Diego, CA, USA