WGL - Supervisor, Environment Compliance
Springfield, Virginia, USA - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||05 Dec, 2022||Not Specified||06 Aug, 2022||5 year(s) or above||Good communication skills||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
WGL - Supervisor, Environment Compliance
Are you an Environmental Compliance Professional looking for the next exciting step in your career. Washington Gas has an immediate opening for a Supervisor, Environment Compliance who will have a critical role in the Company’s efforts to develop, implement, and enhance environmental compliance processes and drive continuous improvement in our Environmental function.
Team Supervisory and Leadership
- Supervises the daily activities of the team assigned to provide environmental compliance primarily focused on water, projects and permitting operations support, including mentoring, evaluating, training, performance management, reporting, motivating, and coaching.
- Serves as a liaison for addressing inquiries, researches, resolves and responds to requests with minimal guidance.
- Supervises and participates in assessments/audits, field studies, monitoring progress of environmental projects, and oversees contractors in the field.
- Develops and maintains project metrics for project tracking and analysis and prepares and delivers reports to all levels of management, clients and sponsors to measure and explain environmental performance results.
Technical Water, Projects and Permitting
- Supervises activities and management of assigned program responsibility areas, oversees environmental consultants, reviews, analyzes and summarizes complex data to support the development of programs and projects, support development of budget and payment of expenses, work closely with regulators on compliance requirements.
- Provides support to multiple construction and capital projects of medium to large scope of various durations with moderate to complex environmental technical requirements typically in the range of $500,000 to $125,000,000.
- Leads a team that obtains, tracks, and maintains permits, develops technical documentation, files government reports, and maintains compliance records.
- Researches and evaluates environmental regulations and standards applicable to Company operations, industry best practices and implements process improvements in compliance programs and tools as appropriate.
- Participates in Industry trade groups, research and provide strategy insights regarding emerging industry trends
- Provides technical input and aids in the development of new standards by providing technical, regulatory, and operating feedback to business units.
- Leads a team that collects, maintains, and enters related data for reporting purposes.
- Participates in the Department’s on-call duty 24 hours/day, 7 days/week on a rotating basis to respond to environmental incidents and to implement appropriate responses, as needed.
Management Systems and ESG Support
- Supervises/performs the organization of company documents related to environmental compliance and create written comprehensive compliance program documents including corporate strategy, environmental requirements, corrective measures, if any, regulatory actions, and ongoing requirements, etc.
- Supervises the development and implementation of training to improve employee and/or customer knowledge and operating procedures regarding environmental compliance requirements and best management practices.
- Identifies and supports the management of governance, such as reviews and internal audits, and other matters to develop recommendations to improve internal controls, policies and procedures to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Contributes and maintains various departmental dashboards, key performance indicators, and incident reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or relative technical, or scientific discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related environmental compliance work experience. Prior professional-level experience is required for this position. Experience in program management and program analytics with critical thinking skills.
- Professional registration as an Engineer, Geologist, Project Management Professional, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or Registered Environmental Manager, preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations, relevant Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, regulatory analytical methods, and industry standards.
- Demonstrated experience with environmental regulations and regulatory engagement preferred. Experience with field work (stormwater, wastewater, water sampling, wetlands, stormwater management, wetland and forest stand delineations), endangered species review, NEPA experience, monitoring, report writing and analysis, and regulatory negotiation.
- General knowledge of natural gas industry operations and regulations preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, 40-hour Hazwoper trained, and professional certifications as available.
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. AltaGas assets include Washington Gas/WGL, SEMCO, ENSTAR, and Petrogas. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision, and strategy.
To learn more about our mission:
For Canadian hires: AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For U.S. hires: U.S. affiliates of AltaGas are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law
How To Apply:
Incase you would like to apply to this job directly from the source, please click here
Please refer the Job description for details
Engineering geology environmental science or relative technical or scientific discipline is preferred
Springfield, VA, USA