Quality Assurance Officer
at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||23 Oct, 2022||Not Specified||24 Jul, 2022||1 year(s) or above||Chemistry,Microbiology,Communication Skills,Biochemistry,Biotechnology,Presentation Skills,Color,Pharmacology||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Group / Division: Pharmaceutical Services Group (PSG)/ Drug Substance Division (DSD)
Career Band: 4
Position Location: Brisbane, Australia
Number of Direct Reports: 0
The Brisbane site is a multi-product biopharmaceutical site with development and manufacturing facilities for biopharmaceutical products for clinical trials (Phase I, II and III) as well as commercial products. Manufacturing of biopharmaceutical products is required to be in compliance with regulatory requirements as defined by TGA, FDA, EMEA, ICH and other applicable regulatory agencies. The Quality Assurance group is responsible for ensuring compliance to the applicable cGMP requirements.
This candidate will join our unique Quality-on-the-floor program and assist the operational areas with real time quality support.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary Academic level in a relevant discipline (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a GMP regulated environment
- Preferably, minimum 1 year of experience in Quality Assurance in a GMP regulated environment
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical cGMP quality systems and international cGMP regulations and guidelines.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Adhere to EHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
- Ensure hazardous conditions, hazardous actions, incidents and near-miss incidents are reported.
- Not knowingly pollute the environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Drive compliance to the Quality Management System, by
- Perform real time batch record reviews. This includes reviewing protocols during the manufacturing process as well as post production to ensure the quality of the product.
- Performing routine audits of logbooks used in the operations/QC areas for completeness and cGMP compliance. Perform final QA review and approval of batch related documentation
- Actively participate in deviation investigations QA review and approval of Process Validation / Equipment Validation documents; for example Microbial Mapping validation protocols, resin re-use protocols, cleaning validation protocols, new equipment, etc
- QA Approval of quality records including but not limited to; Deviations, Out Of Specifications, CAPAs, Audit findings etc.
- Review and approval of QA controlled documents within the Quality Management System.
- Support compliance to systems timeframes for raising, processing or performing associated tasks (i.e. Change Control actions, DR investigations, processing CAPAs)
- Issuing protocols as required to other departments Perform quality functions including rejects, vial thaw, drug substance shipping as required
- Updating SOP’s and other documents to meet current regulatory and corporate standards
- Serving as a resource to the operational areas on quality related issues. Identification of continual improvement opportunities
- Conducting Internal Audits Participating in Risk Assessments
- Any other legitimate duties requested by QA Manager
Production / Maintenance / Quality
Software Testing, Clinical Pharmacy
Brisbane QLD, Australia