Sample Logistics Technician Trainee - Food Sample Logistics Dept.
at Bureau Veritas Laboratories
Mississauga, ON, Canada - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||08 Apr, 3809||Not Specified||23 Sep, 2019||N/A||Management Skills,Scientific Background,Overtime,Food Manufacturing,Communication Skills,Business Requirements||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
IMAGINE BEING SURROUNDED BY THE BRIGHTEST MINDS IN THE INDUSTRY.
Bureau Veritas is looking for a
- Unpack food samples (e.g. breads, meats, cheeses) from coolers and organize them according to requirements.
- Confirm that samples received match the documentation.
- Identify and report all concerns with submissions, such as missing samples and condition of samples.
- Escalate issues to senior staff as needed
- Create, organize and manage paperwork
- Input all information into computerized system (data entry)
- Sort and distribute all samples appropriately which will be sent to other departments for testing.
- Work closely with other team members and supervisory staff to report and resolve issues.
- Strict adherence to policies, procedures, work instructions, other documents, and requirements.
- Create and maintain a clean, sanitary, neat/tidy, safe/secure working environment.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and appearance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS [MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS]:
- Work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet strict client deadlines.
- Adaptable and able to change priorities quickly
- Able to complete individual workload independently, as well as assist the team when needed.
- An excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs unaided and repetitive lifting of 1 to 20lbs as required.
- Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights, weekends, on-call and overtime as per business requirements.
- A High School Diploma
- Relevant experience in food manufacturing, laboratory or production-related environment preferred.
- A scientific background is NOT required but would be considered an asset.
HR / Administration / IR
Mississauga, ON, Canada