Senior Software Engineer
Helsinki, Etelä-Suomi, Finland - 00000
|Start Date||Expiry Date||Salary||Posted On||Experience||Skills||Telecommute||Sponsor Visa|
|Immediate||20 Aug, 2021||Not Specified||21 May, 2021||5 year(s) or above||Database,Consideration,Java,Linux,Sql,Technology||No||No|
Required Visa Status:
|US Citizen||Student Visa|
|OPT||H4 Spouse of H1B|
|GC Green Card|
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Permanent||Independent - 1099|
|Contract – W2||C2H Independent|
|C2H W2||Contract – Corp 2 Corp|
|Contract to Hire – Corp 2 Corp|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Senior Software Engineer based at our site in Helsinki, Finland.
EBI Screen 2000 is a rail control system which is used by railway operators to manage and control train movement. It is used by over 100 customers on all continents except Antarctica, including both mainline (long-distance) and mass transit (city transport) installations.The EBI Screen 2000 system consists of Windows and Linux servers and Windows workstations.
Technologies involved in the product include Windows and Linux; C++, Java, Python and SQL; Jenkins and Robot. Knowledge of database design, cybersecurity and/or mathematical optimization algorithms is an extra asset for a developer. A good understanding of work in an environment where existing and new customers are served by several branches of a large code base is very valuable.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with MA or PhD degree
- A senior role in the development of a large code base with multiple customers
- Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Knowledge of railway operation procedures, knowledge in software engineering (real-time, distributed, safe and fault-tolerant systems)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Developer, Database, Java, Linux, SQL, Technolog
- You will be developing new features to the EBI Screen 2000 system, and also participating in the development of future systems. You are comfortable working with a large legacy system, but also familiar with the most modern technologies and able to define the way forward.
- If you are particularly familiar with databases, cybersecurity or applied mathematics (optimization), you are going to have a leading role in those areas.
- You are able to assume an overall responsibility of the software and to develop generic, robust and future-proof solutions. A problem solver by nature, you are able to manage your own work and define and break down the problems so as to deliver viable solutions in a short time. You excel in explaining your ideas to others and obtaining their buy-in.
- You also interact fluently with system engineers, test engineers, project managers and delivery project engineers, located either in Helsinki and Katowice or in BT’s regional offices around the world. You are able to familiarize stakeholders with SW architecture, and your user documentation saves the day of project engineers.
- Tools and languages used in the SW development include e.g. Subversion, Jenkins, Visual Studio, Sonar Cube, Rational Team Concert, Robot, C++, Java, Python, SQL, and XML. Specifications are maintained with DOORS and Hydra.
- Development of architectural solutions and detailed implementation specifications for new features, including design documentation and requirements development as an integral part of the design process
- Troubleshooting support and other interaction with regions
- Technology studies and development of future solutions
- Development of the local infrastructure, DevOps etc.
IT Software - System Programming